CALL TO ARTIST!
Are you or do you happen to know a black visual artist in Florida's Palm Beach County whose paintings, sculptures, sketches and various other 2d & 3d works of art would be considered Treal? Well Exhibit Treal is looking for you!!! We are putting together our next showcasing of artist called: "We Got Dat LIT" and we are looking only for the trealest of treal!
What are the requirements?
- Artist my be ages 15 & UP (If between ages of 15 - 17 we must have your parents handwritten consent upon acceptance.)
- Artist must be of Black and a resident of Palm Beach County, Florida
- Submit 3 images of your artwork to : firstname.lastname@example.org along with an artist statement.
- Upon acceptance, Artist must create one piece of art mused by any form of literature of their choosing
- There is No Submission or Participation Fee
- There is a 10% Tithe donation from sales of Original Art that goes back into Exhibit Treal funding
- Artist keep 100% of your merchandise sales (Prints, Posters etc)
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: MONDAY, MARCH 14
Do you remember the first time you read something that clicked with you and it cause you to travel far from your four walls? Literature has played a powerful role in many of our lives. Sometimes providing an escape into fantasy worlds, dropping jewels for personal growth, offering comfort or thrilling mysteries against the dark stormy nights.
Exhibit Treal is combing the visual arts with the written word!!! Some of the most treal black artist in Palm Beach County will be creating artworks that in some way pay homage or interpret the written words that LIT they artistic fire!
And that's not all! In effort to promote literacy & arts in our black communities of Palm Beach. We will be launching soon programs like our youth book clubs, short stories contest and much more. Starting with a good ole fashion BOOK DRIVE!!!
Asking you to donate your used (but still readable) or even purchase new books for the youth. Whether it be children's books, novels, full of knowledge, poems or comicbook. If it's LIT, we want it!!!
All of which will be happening during the third installment of The RBG Family Fun Day and Mini Market! Bring the family! Meet the artists! And lets exchange the power of LIT-erarture!!!
As well as more awesome things.
Sunday, March 27
12pm - 5pm
2845 N Military Trl, WPB, FL 33409
If you'd like to help with sponsorship, please email: email@example.com